Applicants applying through the UWC National Committee of Canada (NCC) must be at least one of the following:
- A Canadian citizen
- A permanent resident of Canada
- A resident of Canada for at least 12 months1
- A student who cannot apply through a UWC national committee in their country of residence or citizenship.1
- Applicants are encouraged to apply during their grade 11 year.2
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old by September 1st of the year they will enter UWC. The majority of students begin their studies at age 17.
- Applicants may only apply through one National Committee or entry process – parallel applications will result in disqualification from applying. (For example, a Canadian citizen residing outside Canada can only apply through one National Committee, preferably their country of citizenship.)
1 Students in this category typically include citizens/residents of countries with no national committee, and students who are ineligible to apply in their country of residence or citizenship. Students in this category typically are not eligible for financial assistance from the NCC.
2 Applicants in Quebec are typically in secondary 5 when they apply or are completing a year of volunteer work (or other applicable experience) before starting their CEGEP studies.
*Canadian citizens residing in or outside Canada may apply through the National Committee of Canada. Canadians not seeking financial aid or scholarship support may apply through the National Committee of Canada or through the Global Selection Program , but not both.
Deadlines for NCC Applications: 15 November
- Application opens 15 August
- Application closes 15 November
We advise that you start the application early and work on it often.
Late applications will be accepted on a rolling basis between 15 November and 15 March with the following conditions:
- Students who apply after the 15 November deadline will not be eligible for financial assistance or scholarships.
- Students will still undergo a rigorous selection process.
- Students who apply after 15 November MUST NOT have applied through the initial application process or another national committee or process.
- Students who apply after 15 November do so with the understanding that available places at UWC will be extremely limited.