Applicants applying through the UWC National Committee of Canada (NCC) must be at least one of the following:
- A Canadian citizen
- A permanent resident of Canada
- A resident of Canada for at least 12 months
- A student who cannot apply through a UWC national committee in their country of residence or citizenship.1
- Applicants are encouraged to apply during their grade 11 year.2
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old by September 1, 2019. The majority of students begin their studies at age 17.
- Applicants may only apply through one National Committee or entry process – parallel applications will result in disqualification from applying. (For example, a Canadian citizen residing outside Canada can only apply through one National Committee, preferably their country of citizenship)
1 Students in this category typically include citizens/resident of countries with no national committee, and students who are ineligible to apply in their country of residence/citizenship. Students in this category typically are not eligible for financial assistance from the NCC.
2 Applicants in Quebec are typically in secondary 5 when they apply or are completing a year of volunteer work (or other applicable experience) before starting their CEGEP studies.
*Canadian citizens residing in or outside Canada may apply through the National Committee of Canada (as opposed to applying through the Global Selection Program or applying through a local committee).
Deadlines for NCC Applications: 15 November 2018
- Application opens 15 August 2018
- Application closes 15 November 2018
Late applications will be accepted on a rolling basis between 15 November 2018 and 15 April 2019 with the following conditions:
- Students who apply after the 15 November deadline will not be eligible for financial assistance or scholarships.
- Students will still undergo a rigorous selection process.
- Students who apply after 15 November MUST NOT have applied through the initial application process or another national committee or process.
- Students who apply after 15 November do so with the understanding that available places at UWC will be extremely limited.